ProSpace, which will be holding its March Storm lobbying effort on Capitol Hill next week, has released its agenda of issues it plans to bring up in those meetings. The key items cover topics in export reform, exploration, and commercialization:
- Support the addition to the Senate version of the Foreign Relations Authorization Act the authority to remove widely available satellite systems and components from the ITAR list.
- Make certain that the bill presented to both the House and Senate for final passage retains this provision that is so vital to this nation’s international competitiveness.
- Require NASA to focus its human space flight development programs on technologies and processes designed for travel in space beyond low earth orbit.
- Support robust funding for space exploration technology demonstration projects.
- Support the transition to commercial crew and cargo services for the International Space Station.
ProSpace will be performing training on Sunday the 28th and making Congressional visits on Monday and Tuesday.